Welcome to the Oklahoma
Farm to School Website
Good Food for Good Health
Farm to School aims at getting Oklahoma-grown food on the cafeteria trays
of school children. It encourages farmers to sell produce to schools and
encourages schools to buy part of their fresh fruit and vegetable needs
from Oklahoma farmers along with local healthy farm products.
Farm to School Activities
- Locally grown produce served in school cafeterias
- School gardens & events
- Farm & Farmers Market visits
- Nutritional & educational curriculum
- Cooking & Tasting demonstrations
- Workshops for growers, food service personnel and teachers
HB 2655 - The Oklahoma Farm to School Program Act was created by the legislature and signed into law by Governor Brad Henry on June 7, 2006, encouraging Oklahoma schools to purchase products from Oklahoma producers and supports the additional activities of the program.