Specialty crop resources
Download our free resources, including the Classroom Connection, Family Connection and Cafeteria Connection. All items have been updated in 2020 and contain current nutrition information and USDA-approved content.
Tasteful Harvest aims to:
- Increase access to fruits and vegetables through school meal programs, farm-to-school programs, classrooms, school gardens, farmers’ markets, grocery stores, community gardens, worksites, and other community-based locations.
- Increase consumers’ preference for fruits and vegetables.
- Increase consumption of locally grown food items by connecting growers to their communities through farmers’ markets, food retail stores, schools, and food banks, among others.
- Increase participation in daily physical activity and an understanding of why it is important to our health.
- Expand familiarity with Oklahoma grown fruits and vegetables, local farmers, agriculture connections, and how food travels from the farm to our plates.
What is Tasteful Harvest?
Tasteful Harvest features ready-to-go tools and resources that can be used in diverse applications to support healthy eating and daily physical activity. These tools and resources can be used in a variety of settings, including in:
- Classrooms K-12
- After-school programs
- Early Care & Education Centers
- Farmers’ markets
- County Extension Educators
- Other venues for agriculture and nutrition education