Specialty crop resources
Download our free resources, including the Classroom Connection, Family Connection and Cafeteria Connection. All items have been updated in 2020 and contain current nutrition information and USDA-approved content.
Tasteful Harvest aims to:
- Increase access to fruits and vegetables through school meal programs, farm-to-school programs, classrooms, school gardens, farmers’ markets, grocery stores, community gardens, worksites, and other community-based locations.
- Increase consumers’ preference for fruits and vegetables.
- Increase consumption of locally grown food items by connecting growers to their communities through farmers’ markets, food retail stores, schools, and food banks, among others.
- Increase participation in daily physical activity and an understanding of why it is important to our health.
- Expand familiarity with Oklahoma grown fruits and vegetables, local farmers, agriculture connections, and how food travels from the farm to our plates.
What is Tasteful Harvest?
Tasteful Harvest features ready-to-go tools and resources that can be used in diverse applications to support healthy eating and daily physical activity. These tools and resources can be used in a variety of settings, including in:
- Classrooms K-12
- After-school programs
- Early Care & Education Centers
- Farmers’ markets
- County Extension Educators
- Other venues for agriculture and nutrition education
Asparagus | Broccoli | Carrots | Cucumbers | Peaches | Peppers | Radishes | Strawberries | Squash | Sweet Potatoes | Tomatoes | Watermelon
Tasteful Harvest Cookbook
Here is an additional resource to go along with the Tasteful Harvest Poster set. It is our Tasteful Harvest Cookbook. This resource includes cafeteria sized recipes, classroom recipes and taste test information and a section of kid friendly recipes that children can cook!